Operation Snap has been set up by Northamptonshire Police to help keep our county’s roads as safe as possible.
It allows members of the public to report driving offences in the Northamptonshire area by filling out a form and uploading video evidence they have captured.
Submitted footage and reports are then examined by roads policing officers and can be used to take action against drivers found to be breaking the law.
Northamptonshire Police will investigate the following offences through Operation Snap:
- Dangerous driving
- Driving without due care and attention
- Careless driving
- Using a mobile phone while driving
- Not wearing a seatbelt
- Failing to stop at a red traffic light
- Crossing solid white lines
- Offences where a driver is clearly not in proper control of a vehicle
Operation Snap can’t be used to report road traffic collisions.
Further information including the online reporting form can be found using the following link: